Tagliatelle with Chestnuts - Greek (vegetarian) Style
Courtesy of Anne Van Gemert, chestnut grower, Taradale, Vic.
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 sprigs thyme
1 small sprig rosemary
1/2 cup snow peas - cut into bite sized pieces
1 cup cooked whole chestnuts, peeled with pellicle left on
1/4 cup semi-dried tomatoes
1 capsicum - grilled, peeled and chopped
100 - 150g Feta cheese, cubed
3 tbsp basil - finely chopped
Black pepper - freshly ground to taste
Parmesan cheese - shaved, to taste
250g boiled tagliatelle - steaming hot in a bowl
- Saute chopped garlic and herbs for 2 minutes until garlic is golden brown.
- Remove thyme and rosemary. Add peas and chestnuts to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, capsicum, feta cheese and basil. Heat thoroughly.
- Pour this over tagliatelle and toss.
- Season to taste. Serve immediately sprinkled with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Note: Capsicum and chestnuts can be prepared ahead and refriderated in closed containers.