Chestnut Pastry Swirls
300g chestnuts, cooked & peeled
250g cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 sheets frozen puff pastry
1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Remove puff pastry from freezer and allow to thaw slightly at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180° fan forced.
- Place cooked chestnuts into a food processor and pulse for about one minute. Add softened cream cheese, cocoa, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Blitz to form a spreadable paste.
- Lay the four sheets of puff pastry on the bench and spread chestnut mixture evenly over each one using a spatula or blunt knife. Roll each square of pastry into a log and slice discs approximately 1.5 cm thick.
- Place the discs flat onto a lined baking sheet. Be careful not to overcrowd them as they will expand while baking. Brush each one with beaten egg.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until puff pastry has risen slightly and is golden in colour. Allow to cool slightly before dusting with icing sugar.
Makes approx 40