Chestnut, beef & bok choy stir-fry
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 1 tbls sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 200g cooked and peeled chestnuts, quartered
- 500g beef rump, sirloin or flat iron steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 125g snow peas, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 bunch bok choy, trimmed, stems chopped and leaves separated
Steamed rice or noodles
To make stir-fry sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside. Heat 2 tsp oil in a wok over high heat. Add chestnuts and stir-fry for 2 minutes until golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and set aside.
Heat 1 tbls oil in the wok over high heat. Add half the beef and stir-fry until evenly browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat using 2 tsp oil and remaining beef. Set aside.
Add onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, snow peas and bok choy stems to wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Toss through bok choy leaves and 2 tbls water, cover and cook for 1 minute. Toss through beef and chestnuts.
Serve with rice or noodles.
15 mins + chestnut prep time